Sunday, May 29, 2005

what's the next best thing to flying business/first class on an international flight? having an entire row to yourself. and that's exactly what i had, thanks to my dad calling in (he's a million-miler so he usually gets an entire row to himself when he flies economy). so the flight wasn't packed, but i was the only one in the flight with an entire row to myself (row of 3 seats). a lot of people were looking at me, some were giving my dirty looks. some were tempted to take my empty seat. well, one woman with a 2 year old baby saw my empty space and asked a flight attendant if she could sit there. the flight attendant then asked me, so being the pushover that i am, said 'okay.' i just assumed it would be temporary, but when she started moving her bags over - boy was i pissed. my entire row had just become one lousy seat.

if you didn't already notice, i said the baby was 2 years old. that was pretty much the end of any sleep i could have potentially had. the baby was one of the most hyperactive babies i had ever seen:

- she kept opening and closing, no, slamming the tray table... the woman in front of her was PISSED.
- she kept on wanting to wear her mom's shoes, which were these wooden shoes that made clicking noises, and jump in them.
- she sneezed her food on me... twice. so now i have all these little green (from chewed up peas) and peanuts on my clothes.
- whenever i tried to sleep, she kept on poking me.
- and the best part: her mom fed her coca-cola, so the baby slept only for an hour for the entire 14 hour flight. she only slept because her mom fed her tylenol cold to get her to calm down.

why didn't i switch seats? on hindsight, i should have, but i had a window seat, and having a middle seat would have dropped my chances to sleep to nil.

speaking of sleep, i only slept 4 hours since Thursday evening US time (630am korea) until Saturday night... i didn't get that much sleep before the plane ride because i had to catch a 430am bus to the airport. so i just slept 15 hours!

Enter your email address below to subscribe to blah(g) you!


powered by Bloglet