Thursday, March 03, 2005

this morning at the airport, i went through the usual security check-in process. i show my badge, skip the line, take out my laptop, place it on the bin. then i take off my shoes and jacket, place it in another bin along with my wallet cellphone and keys. then i put my shoulder bag and carry-on luggage in. from the airport entrance to get past the security gate, it takes an average 5 minutes if i have an e-ticket. routine.

today was a little different in two respects. first off, i was only carrying one laptop (i usually carry two, one for work and one for school). second, i was using my new ipod shuffle and really enjoying it.

in any case, i went through the line, grabbed my ipod and started listening to music again. seven nation army was playing, and as i was walking through the concourse, started tapping the beat on my legs with both my hands. really getting into the song, this thought of something missing kept entering my head.

4 gates later, i realize that i'm using both my hands. that's just not right.

i had left my luggage back at the security checkpoint. i'm thinking, great. they're going to see this luggage standing there by itself, seal the area, and strip search me when i claim it's mine. but then i realize i have my airline badge with me - so i put it on, rush back to the checkpoint and tell the guard that i left my luggage. he calls the head inspector, i show her my airline ID and say "i'm really sorry, but... um... i left my luggage."

"oh, of course sir. that's important."

i can just feel her holding back her laughter. so i just make it easier for her, and i chuckle. "god, i'm such an idiot."

she has as miffled laughter.

what is the point of the story?

1. i'm an idiot.
2. if it weren't for my ID, i'd be in big big trouble.

Enter your email address below to subscribe to blah(g) you!


powered by Bloglet