Tuesday, July 20, 2004

yesterday's reading in "purpose driven life" talked about financial freedom and using your money for charity rather than using your money to live the life of a king. it made the point that money should serve you, instead of you serving money. you can make all the money you want, but what you do with it is the real test. are you going to donate it to charities or just use it to buy extravagant houses and cars? basically, the chapter challenged me to really think how money controls my life.

it's a tough question for me, especially since i'm going to be graduating with an mba degree. the average salary for my concentration two years ago was around $70K. since the economy has improved, it will be higher the time i graduate. the problem is, what do i pick? if i decide to stay with my current company, i know i will not be making that much since it is a very low paying industry. yet, to be honest, i think i deserve to make more than the average since i have accomplished a lot during my first year (VP of marketing club, sga officer, and 1st year case competition team) and my internship. on the other hand, i really do enjoy my job and they treat me very well. i can almost see myself working there fulltime, and enjoying it.

before school, i would not have cared about salary. all i cared about in my previous jobs is just making enough to survive. interesting how an education can change your life so drastically.

i want to have my cake and eat it too.

Enter your email address below to subscribe to blah(g) you!


powered by Bloglet