Monday, November 10, 2003

aileen is the greatest...
another exclusive aileen post!

my thoughts on Matrix Revolutions:

- during the battle scene in the dome in Zion, the machines are fighting with machines (the sentinels) and the humans are fighting with machines (the robot-like things)..just seemed a little ironic.. and why, in a society that is unimaginably advanced, are machine guns still used anyway? oh, and why weren't the people in the robots shielded at all.. seemed a bit dumb..

- during Trinity’s death scene, I didn’t feel any sadness for Trinity or Neo. I realized that I didn’t really care about any of the characters.. and I usually get pretty emotionally involved with the characters in a movie.. in fact, I was thinking, along with everyone else, “just die already!”

- of course, the special effects were amazing, but we’ve seen them before in the first and second movies. and nothing in Revolutions compared to the car chase scene in Reloaded.

- overall, I think that the first movie inspired us to imagine that astonishing philosophical revelations would be made, and the trilogy just wasn’t able to live up to those anticipations.

Enter your email address below to subscribe to blah(g) you!


powered by Bloglet