Thursday, September 04, 2003

it has been done. i turned in my platform for student government. yes, you read right... i'm running for student government as a 1st year rep. people i know from college are probably thinking, "what...? what the andy!" people from high school are probably thinking, "oh, no biggie." interestingly enough, i really enjoy serving - it's just that i like to be behind the scenes when i do it. i guess peter was taken aback that i was running for an SGA position, but i guess he didn't realize that i served our class at kcpc longer than anyone else. we'll see what happens... there is a total of 15 people running and 4 get elected. of course, i'm the only asian male (my friend mamta is indian and also running). so this could come out in two ways:

i win because:
a) people actually like me
b) people liked my platform
c) the international students voted for me
d) i'm asian

i lose because:
a) people don't like me
b) people disliked my platform
c) the international students all voted for the other asian
d) i'm asian

so i guess this could develop into an interesting story, but only if i win of course. i'm expecting to lose (because i'm asian) so if that happens, nothing out of the ordinary. you like the confidence level? i was made to be a politician baby.

Enter your email address below to subscribe to blah(g) you!


powered by Bloglet