Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Treking across country gives most people the impression that you are "daring" and "exciting." It has never failed once where the reaction has not been "wow" (with the exception of Wyoming, who I think most of the people on the road of the state are fellow x-country trekkers). Was there anything hard that makes it so dangerous? Considering that I either slept at a friend's place or a name-brand hotel every night and that everyone outside of California and New Jersey are super nice ... hmm ... not really. Well, there was this one time where I had to drive through the pouring rain - I guess that was a little dangerous.

So what wisdom and experience have I gained from this trip? The only "wisdom" I have gained are the answers to almost every brain teaser known to mensa. Steve and I got bored so we picked up a Mensa-certified brain teaser book - finished it in 1 day - and got another one that included hard math problems.

But in all seriousness, although it really wasn't that exciting I have learned a few things. I can say that Wyoming is a surprisingly beautiful state (I bet you even forgot that it was a state in this country until just now), Harry Potter #5 is a very long book, and that Chinese food outside of California is surprisingly bad. I can also say that the USA is not as big as it seems (only if you average about 90 mph). But I have always felt that it was something that needed to be done in this life... such as watching the Austin Powers trilogy no matter how bad it gets. I guess in terms of future outlooks of life in North Carolina, I hope that racial differences won't affect me (too much) and that I will pick up a southern accent. I have already met Asians with Southern accents... even an Indian (India Indian, not Native-American Indian) which I found highly amusing for some reason. I figure it was because I worked with native Indians in my past company.

Oh, and another thing, the "ol' smoky" from the song "On top of old smoky... all covered in cheese..." actually exists. It's this big mountain near the Tennessee and North Carolina border.

Enter your email address below to subscribe to blah(g) you!


powered by Bloglet