Wednesday, August 06, 2003

some interesting moments:

on Sunday, steve and i went to dinner with a group of my classmates. we were introducing ourselves to everyone and when i was meeting this one caucasian guy, ben, he
asked us if steve and i were brothers. if anyone has seen a picture of steve and i, we look nothing alike. steve was pretty pissed off (due to his hyper-sensitivity to asian issue) but i thought it was quite funny. i haven't heard a comment like that since high school.

today i was walking from the mailboxes back to my car. a guy who was watching me approached me and asked "can i help you? you seem a lil' lost." his voice was rather condescending, so it was hard to figure out what his motives really were (his group of friends were watching us from a distance). anyways, i just said "actually... no. i'm just going to my car which is right behind you." i think he was a little offended. so much for making new neighbors. for a second though, i was really tempted to fake a fob accent...

the very night i moved in, i did my laundry and... most of my clothes got stolen. all my boxers... all my dress socks... shorts... nice shirts... all gone. i told the manager and he said that was the very first time he's ever heard it happen. in any case, the area is definitely a safe area so i'm not too worried. at least i get to have all new clothes, right?

the #1 song on several radio stations in the south is a christian song. mercy me, "i can only imagine." the #1 song in the rest of the country...Beyonce Featuring Jay-Z, Crazy In Love.

Enter your email address below to subscribe to blah(g) you!


powered by Bloglet