Tuesday, September 10, 2002

a lot of my coworkers think i am pretty crazy since i have been telling everyone that the world is going to end tomorrow. it's not like i'm one of those street evangelists or those crazy people on the street with sandwich board signs ringing bells, but i'm just scared that there will be another attack on our country that would affect several several people. the US is on a "high risk" alert today, meaning there is pretty good evidence of planned attacks. they have received news about planned car bombs, suicide attacks, etc.
other reasons why i think the world is going to end tomorrow - the paralyzed christopher reeve is regaining feeling, they are bringing star wars part I to iMax, the Palestinians Fatah Group have called off attacks on the Israelis, and i am actually starting to have a control on my money spending.

this brings me to my second thought: if the world were to end tomorrow, i don't think i am prepared. i know the Bible tells us to be prepared where Christ's return will come like a thief in the night, but honestly, i don't think i'm prepared for His return. it bothers me a lot that my faith isn't as strong as it used to be, and it really scares me of the possibility of going to Hell. there is nothing i want more to see God in Heaven, yet i know that i really don't deserve it - especially now.

when you think the world might end tomorrow, things just don't seem to carry the same weight as they used to. i don't regret the fact i never owned a nice car or got married or even had kids. those are things that would have been nice to experience, but things you just can't take with you.
my only two wishes are that everyone i know or have known were christian and that i myself was a better Christian, only to please and serve God.

Enter your email address below to subscribe to blah(g) you!


powered by Bloglet