Friday, July 26, 2002

oftentimes, i have expressed my wishful thinking of being able to write well. here's what one editor of a literary magazine wrote back to me after i wrote him a submission:

*******************************
Man, I just wrote a whole nice email and it was eaten by an unreliable
connection!

The short take is that you seem to be a man passionate about writing,
so stick to it. Your cover letter and your piece made me think of
this book I am reading, "the volcano sequence", by Alicia Suskin
Ostriker. She deals with biblical and marine themes (which you bring
up) like no one else; the stuff is fierce enough to give even Ted
Hughes a run for his money.

I can't use your work right now, but keep with it and stay in touch.

*******************************

here's my translation:
i can see you like to write. too bad you can't.

Enter your email address below to subscribe to blah(g) you!


powered by Bloglet