Monday, May 06, 2002

someone decided to review my blogs, and this is what they had to say:

I don't mean to be cruel (or perhaps I do), but "Blog You" features two attributes that I despise in blogs. First, the writer does not believe in using capital letters, at least not consistently. I see Patty Hearst and patty hearst in the same sentence. (Yeah, i saw that. i also saw the writer beginning many sentences with the small-case i and THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY! Write grammatically, you asshole, or DON'T WRITE AT ALL!

I read that crap a lot in blogs. I am an English major, so I understand stream-of-consciousness writing and I know that a writer can stream and still punctuate and use the "cap" button on the keyboard when necessary. "Blog you!" should consider the possibility of APPEARING TO BE LITERATE, even if the writer is not. When "i" see that carelessness, I figure either the writer is an ignorant jerk, or just too damned lazy to do it right. Wash your laundry, blog-dude. Try to produce a class act. Use grammar. Buy a dictionary. Grow up.

Second, I don't understand the obsession with poo. I have dreams more bizarre than his, but "i" don't believe that the reading audience really cares about that. Waxing poetic about taking a shit is unattractive to the general public. Toilet stalls and wherewithalls fascinate only the writer, not the reader. Does the word "coprophilia" ring a bell?

Probably not, because you don't believe in capital letters, either.

I don't know how to put this politely, so I won't try. Your blog sucks. Nobody cares about your patty hearst bowel movements or the really cool nightmares you experience when you are tired, probably from sitting on the toilet too long.

Man, I thought MY life was fucked-up until I read you. Now I feel better.

PS- Learn to write HTML code. A link here and there shows people that you can READ!

Your Reviewer,
Rob Smith

Enter your email address below to subscribe to blah(g) you!


powered by Bloglet