Wednesday, October 03, 2001

with the passing of each day as a new man, sad realities come down to settle and make their permanent mark in the sand of my life. the school life is missed because of its freedom and constant socializing atmosphere. but i feel that the life of a college graduate fares better - especially when working in an environment that is very laid back and decorated with peers that sustain the exuberance of youthfulness. my life is starting to settledown somewhat and i feel it is time to get over my horrid experiences from years past, and start living a somewhat normal life - whatever 'normal' may turn out to be. who knows, maybe the dramatic lifestyle is the consistent yet shocking norm for me. maybe i just need to learn how to stay away from trouble.

working in a molecular biology lab creating recombinant DNA does seem like quite the daunting task - yet it really isn't. i would describe my job as a white-collar assembly worker... and although the knowledge of the complicated pathways and mechanisms of the cell would be helpful in this job, it really isn't necessary. all one has to do is just follow directions. do not misconstrue my words when i say my job is not challenging because it certainly is - but it just does not take a college graduate to do it.

to describe how i perform in my job, let me describe this analogy. if anyone knows me at all, then they know how i am nefarious with my cooking and would cause a clear and present danger to those around me. all cooking really is is waiting, adding of ingredients, and some sort of coordination. it is the same with research. you add the different compounds, structures, wait, incubate, all concerted with some sort of coordination (i.e. not spilling flammable/carcinogenic chemicals all over the lab and yourself). so i hope it is clear how successful i am in wasting precious company money and time. so yeah, not too good... not too good.

hmm... not a very deep entry.

Enter your email address below to subscribe to blah(g) you!


powered by Bloglet